Caring About Our Home - Planet Earth!
THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR THE PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS (ASPCA)
THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE UNITED STATES (HSUS)
PEOPLE FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT OF ANIMALS (PETA)
DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE
WORLD WILDLIFE FUND (WWF)
NATURAL RESOURCES DEFENSE COUNCIL
FRIENDS OF THE EARTH
JEWISH NATIONAL FUND (JNF) Israel reforestation project
ARBOR DAY FOUNDATION
After the donation has been made, our client receives either a card or an e-mail from the organization, acknowledging that the donation has been made. We hope that our small gesture will help to encourage people to join us in caring about the home we all share - Planet Earth!
DOLBY PROPERTIES IS PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF PETA BUSINESS FRIENDS.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR LIVING GREEN
Those of us who care deeply about our planet know how important conservation has become. "Going green" may sound like a cliche, but we all need to be more aware of things we can do, both as individuals and corporately, to try and conserve our planet's dwindling, precious resources. If you think that one little person doesn't make a difference, we urge you to think again and go ahead and do your part. You'll be surprised how each person's contribution to the big "clean up" will make a huge difference!
Here are some of Lesley Dolby's favorite old time habits for conservation....
1) Recycling....most cities and towns now have recycling programs. I keep all my plastic, glass, paper and cans separate for recycling pick up.
2) Running water....I never keep water running while I brush my teeth, or longer than necessary for washing stuff, or taking showers. Water is our most precious resource of all and our changing climate is reducing what we do have.
3) Paperless office....Dolby Properties started going towards being paperless in 2005 and by 2007 we were almost completely paperless. We try and save everything to our computers (with backups of course!). If we must print out something, we always check the "print preview" first to make sure we only print the part we need. This one saves big bucks on paper and ink too, which is an added bonus!
4) Electricity...I've always been a natural scrooge in this department, so I always turn off lights and appliances and stuff when not in use.
5) Grocery bags....I've always tried to use as few bags as possible, but for the past few years I have used the reusable green shopping bags that you can buy almost everywhere and they last for a very long time. That's a real "feel good" one!
6) Styrofoam and plastic cups....this one has always bothered me! I hate to see people take a drink of water or coffee, throw away the cup and then use another one for a second drink. I always reuse mine, or better still, use my own reusable cup or glass wherever I can.
7) Bottled water....another one of my "pet peeves"! Some city government departments are now banning bottled water in their workplace and making people use their own reusable cups/glasses and/or drinking fountains. Apparently, the number of plastic bottles this will save is staggering.
8) Saving gas....a no-brainer, especially in these days of rising gas prices, is to think before you drive. I always plan my route and don't make unnecessary journeys.
9) Clothes drying - all my life I've hung my clothes on the line outside in the fresh air to dry - big savings on clothes dryer electricity!
10) Get in the habit of using less of everything! The human race managed very well without the overindulgence we have seen in the past few years. If we don't all start to get responsible and use less of everything very soon, every single person on this planet will suffer.
REDUCE, RE-USE, RE-PURPOSE & RECYLE!
Well, that's just my ten cents worth! It makes me feel good to know that my little bit helps and it doesn't hurt to think of the money I'm saving too. I hope you will join me and I'm always open to hear of new ideas, so wing me an e-mail with some of your favorite tips.
Here are some useful "green" website links.....
GREEN LIVING - FROM NATURAL RESOURCES DEFENSE COUNCIL
THE GREEN GUIDE - NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC